Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Thanks for having me back...

The past week has been TORTURE! I never realized how much I depend on the internet until this past week. Luckily I was able to leech off of the occasional wireless connection in the neighborhood, however it was far from smooth sailing. Everytime it would connect, it would disconnect since the signal was too far away. It made it very difficult for looking up patterns in Ravelry.

So, what is a girl to do with no internet and no cable for a week? Knit of course! I knitted up a kitten for a girl's birthday at work (sadly, I didn't take any pictures). I also made a baby hat (again no picture) and then with the cold weather, Dan requested I knit him a hat.

So, I got that done and now I have been exploring with cables more. Right now I am about to cast on the Irish Hiking Hat. I was working on a sample one just to get myself familiar with the pattern, however I will be frogging it since its yarn I completely hate. (received as a gift one year)

Other than knitting, we have spent alot of time with my mother. We went over on Saturday and watched "Swing Vote". If you haven't seen it, it's a cute movie.

We also decided that while we do eventually want to move to Arkansas, with the economy in the shape it's in, we shouldn't plan on moving there at this time. Instead we will do our best to find another apartment in the area, save up for a year or two and THEN make the move. Now if the apartment search fails, that's a different story I guess. There was one apartment I found in center city. It's gorgeous on the inside, I just don't know how comfortable I feel living in that neighborhood. I guess it all comes down to how desperate I get, right?

1 comments:

sajmom said...

Yay! Even though we don't really talk anymore, I'm glad to know you'll still be somewhere nearish.