Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome 2009!

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a safe and wonderful New Years Eve!

Hubby and I didn't do much for the night. We went out for steak and shrimp at Applebee's then headed home for a quiet night in. We watched Kung Fu Panda and then watched the ball drop. Not exactly an eventful night, but it was perfect for us.

2008 was packed with all sorts of things going on. My cousin got married, then a few weeks later we got married. Hubby lost his job, I got a raise.

2009 should be different. Between moving halfway across the country and leaving my job in a few months, to adjusting to the move and challenging myself on knitting more than stockinette stitched projects.

Speaking of projects, I got the Irish Hiking Scarf completed yesterday. I measured yesterday at work and realized it was long enough, so I finished up to the 7th row in the pattern and voila! It's done! It was definitely a good scarf project and I believe I will knit more of these throughout the year. I modified it a bit since I was using bulky yarn. Instead of having the 3 cables like the original pattern, I went with just the 2 cables. Length wise, it goes to my waist, after being completely wrapped around my neck. Its so warm and soft!




Next up on the needles is Calorimetry. I have some worsted weight wool yarn that my mom and stepdad picked up for me in Alaska a few years ago. They only brought back one hank, 50 grams, 75 yards. Not enough for a full hat, and for a few years I have been trying to think of the perfect project to use it up. Once that's done, I can work on my gifts for next Christmas, along with a side surprise project for my co-workers.

Happy New Year everyone!

4 comments:

Lina said...

Lovely scarf! Congrats on finishing it and Happy New Year to you too!

Dk's Wife said...

I love your scarf. It is beautiful.

Hapyp New Year!

Dave said...

Lovely scarf, it's so nice to be able to create things of such beauty. I wish i was even a bit creative... that shall be my new years resolution! to attempt to be more creative! :)

Happy new years <3

sajmom said...

Oh that is beautiful! Wow, I'm impressed with your skill!