Monday, December 29, 2008

Another Christmas gone, another New Year about to begin...

It's hard to believe Christmas is already over. It seems this month flew by entirely too fast. Christmas with my family was a bit odd this year. My brother flew to Germany with his boyfriend, so he wasn't here on Christmas. My cousin had to work the day after Christmas and lives about 4 hours away, so she wasn't here for Christmas either. The hubby and I got to sleep in on Christmas day, and didn't have to leave the house till 1 pm.

Now that Christmas is over, and New Years is a few days away, this is the time where I make all sorts of resolutions that I tend to forget a few days after New Years. This year, I intend to stick with my resolutions.

-Start my Christmas knitting in January.
-Cut back and eventually quit smoking.
-Keep the new apartment/house organized after we move.
-Be more patient and less irritable.

Now, to plan next year's knitted gifts.

Hubby declared his love for vests the other day. I must attempt to knit him a vest or 2.

The mother in-law and her partner. I am thinking scarves and hats.

My mother. Hmm. What to knit a fellow knitter who has far more talent than I do? I'm thinking lace photo frame matting. Hubby and I won't be close by around Christmas. I am hoping we will be able to save up enough money plus get vacation time from wherever we work to come back to Pennsylvania for the holidays, but still, it won't be the same. I think we will take our picture in front of the tree, put it in a frame, with the knitted matting.

The step dad. Another tricky one. I guess a cabled scarf would be nice.


What is everyone else's resolutions?

3 comments:

Lina said...

Your resolutions sound pretty much like mine with the exception of smoking, which I don't. ;) Being patient and less irritable is definitely on the top of the list!

A lace photo frame sounds nice for your mom. If you're feeling like a challenge you could also make a blanket or shawl. Since you have a year to work on it, it should be enough time and they're always appreciated and there are some easy patterns out there. :)

sajmom said...

I always mean to start on the homemade gifts after Christmas and somehow it just never happens! I mean to make some homemade ornaments for me too...we'll see. Can you knit any ornaments? That would be a great personal present for people who are hard to buy for. I find a lot of ornaments today are so heavy I have trouble finding branches strong enough to hold them. Just a suggestion. As for my New year's resolutions....I think maybe to find my self control again.

Dave said...

Well, it all seems good, i do hope you reach those goals... in my case, my one and only goal is to pass all my classes. ^.^'

happy new years. with much love for you and your hubby
David~ (a.k.a. Soujiro)