Sunday, December 14, 2008

Cabin Fever

For the most part since the mother of all colds has been in our place, Hubby and I haven't left the apartment. (other than getting groceries since the cabinets were bare and the fridge was empty)

What is a girl to do when she can't leave the apartment? Can't knit in fear of getting her germs all over her precious knitting? She spends the weekend on Ravelry, adding patterns to her favorites. xD I wasn't going to do any holiday knitting this year. However, each year I give a little something to the girls in my department. Whether it be crafted or bought. This year, I have no idea what to gift them and since funds are tight, I will be knitting them Christmas Tree Ornaments. I have some left over Lamb's Pride in I believe kiwi, I have the polyfil stuffing, all I need are some star shaped buttons and I am good to go. They look like a quick knit which is exactly what I need right now since I have only a little over a week to knit 11 of them up for the girls.

Tell me readers, what are you knitting your friends/loved ones for the holidays?

3 comments:

Lina said...

Love the tree ornaments! Can't wait to see them when you're done. :)

I'm making lots of hats for men and neckwarmers for women. Done with the neckwarmers and one hat, about three hats left to do!

Hope you feel better soon... drink lots of liquids!

sajmom said...

I never did learn to knit......what are neckwarmers? I made potholders for Claire for her birthday (but that's just sewing)

Blushed said...

neckwarmers are like scarves, but just for the neck. usually they are knit in a tube so you can just slide it over your head.