Monday, December 22, 2008

Update on the Move

After talking with Dan and my family, we came up with a plan for the big move to Arkansas. Dan is going to try to find temp work here for about 2 months. All of his income will go towards savings to get a U-Haul, hotel costs, gas and food for when I move. Once we have enough money saved up, he will be taking a bus to Arkansas and stay with his mom. He will be getting a job there, saving up money for about a month. During that month, I will remain here, packing, working and spending as much time with my family as I can. Then, once he finds us an apartment, I will head on down.

I am not looking forward to being seperated from my hubby for a month. We haven't even been married a year yet, so it will be hard. However, it makes sense. I mean for us to both go down there with no job will be very hard. Sure, his mom said we could stay with her, but it would be easier on everyone for us to handle this responsibly. First off, she lives in a small trailer. Squeezing in an extra 2 people would be really hard. Second, neither of us feel comfortable with going there, with no income coming in, and unsure of how long it will take to find a job and a place to live.

At least its the modern age where we have free long distance and the internet to keep in touch, right?

1 comments:

Deb Upcycles said...

I think your going about it in a very responsible way. Don't worry, it will all work out!