Saturday, December 6, 2008

What to Expect

With 2009 rapidly approaching, I felt it was time to get rid of my old blog and start anew.

For those that don't know me, I'm Jessica. 30 something female living on the East Coast (for the time being). I am happily married to my wonderful, yet opinionated husband. I work full time doing tedious data entry work. Not exactly my dream job, but it does pay the bills and fund my crafting.

Speaking of crafting, I am a knitter. I started knitting a few years ago as a way to calm my nerves. My brother/best friend had just passed away, and I holed myself up in my apartment, basically shutting myself out from the rest of the world. My brother's fiance' had taken up knitting right after he passed away. After seeing how it seemed to calm her, I felt I should learn too. I've been hooked ever since.

Along with knitting, I dab a bit in embroidery. It doesnt happen frequently, but when it does, I'm absorbed in it for a few weeks.

I love to read. My favorite authors are J.K. Rowling and Gregory Maguire.

Watching movies is my life. I am always looking for new, interesting things to watch. I prefer comedy or drama though. I can tolerate the occasional action film. (any Batman movie kinda owns in my opinion)

Music...I don't even know where to start. My musical taste varies so much. One minute I will be listening to Korn or Nine Inch Nails, and the next minute I put in a Josh Groban cd.

Now that you know a bit about me, here is what you will see being posted in this blog. I may talk bitch about work on a fairly regular basis. I will be talking about knitting, crafting, and cooking.

I will most likely talk about my personal life, however trust me, it's not exciting :P

I look forward to sharing my life with whoever is reading, and hope to meet some new people.

-Jess

----------------
Now playing: Tori Amos - Leather
via FoxyTunes

0 comments: