Saturday, December 6, 2008

TGIF

It's finally Friday! This week has been a week from hell. I worked late shift this week, so for the last hour of my day each week, I was getting paid to sit at my desk and play around with Ravelry. I still don't understand the point of late shift. Supposedly it's to provide extra phone coverage for the mass phone calls we get after 4:30. Hmm, how many calls did I get? 4. Not 4 a day--4 calls the entire week. Pointless, but at least I get some quiet time to play around.

Tonight the hubbie and I had to go to my mom's house for my step dads birthday dinner. Dinner was yummy as usual. They had linguini with shrimp and marinara sauce, while I had lasagna. xD For dessert, we had cheesecake with a chocolate hazlenut crust and blackberry sauce on top. After dinner, my mom and I got to sit around and talk a bit. With hubbie out of work right now, its getting stressful. We aren't totally broke. We can manage the bills, put food on the table and I can do the occasional splurge for yarn. However, I have to splurge at the chain stores, rather than treating myself to some gorgeous handspun yarns.

As we were about to leave my moms, I was walking downstairs, and I slipped. I fell (more like leaped) down a few stairs, and landed flat on my feet. I almost landed on a table with a burning candle on it, but luckily I landed a few inches away. My foot hurt for a little bit, but I got over it quick.

It's about 16 degrees outside tonight, and I expect it will be just as cold this weekend. It's a perfect weekend to stay in and work on my Irish Hiking Scarf!

I just cast on today, and since I am using bulky yarn, I went with the modified version with just the 2 cables. So far I AM LOVING IT! I have never knit cables before, so I was a bit hesitant. However this pattern is simple, so its perfect for beginners. xD

Irish Hiking day 1

Funny, each year I tell myself that I will knit a bunch of gifts for Christmas, yet each year I start knitting way too late and don't get any knitted gifts out. This year, I didn't even attempt to knit gifts. This scarf is for me. However, for next year I WILL be handing out knitted gifts for Christmas if it kills me.

----------------
Now playing: Tori Amos - Mother
via FoxyTunes

0 comments: